MADRASSA BOU INANIA
The largest madrassa in the city, Madrassa Bou Inania is an institute of theology founded by Sultan Abu Hassan Marini (1331-1351) of the Merinid dynasty.
Its construction was started at the beginning of the reign of Abu Hasan in 1331, but it was not completed until 20 years later in 1351.
This religious boarding school, inspiring peace and quiet, has a courtyard and a level containing 26 rooms of tollabs (students).
On the first floor, 56 cells each housed two students.
The students were confined in their room during the whole period of revision for exams with only water, bread and olives to eat.
Sign In to publish a review